Sunday, 6 June
Welcoming Reception hosted by City of Jyväskylä
- free for participants
- the venue is City Hall (address Vapaudenkatu 32, in the centre
Monday, 7 June
Tuesday, 8 June
Boat Cruise on Lake Päijänne (min.
20 participants required)
- price 49 EUR including 3-hour tour on a steamer, meal and
beer or wine.
- the boat, an old steamer, will be cruising along Lake Päijänne, the
second biggest lake of Finland. You can enjoy the typical lakeland scenery
of the central part of the country and spend the night in a relaxed
atmosphere with your colleagues networking and exchanging experiences.
Conference excursions (two alternative tours,
included in the conference fee)
Park, Saarijärvi (4,5 hours approx.)
Alvar Aalto tour
- bus tour to national park (70 km), guided
walk in the park, snacks and coffee at camp fire
- The untouched old forests of Pyhä-Häkki National Park are a sight
worth experiencing. Its natural beauty was
cherished as long ago as at
the turn of the 19th century. Pyhä-Häkki is considered to be one of
Finland's most noteworthy virgin forests, characterised by bird,
insect and plant species associated with very old forests.
- guided bus tour of the city with special emphasis on Alvar Aalto's
architecture, visit to the University main campus and Alvar Aalto
museum, coffee served in the University cafeteria.
- Jyväskylä is known worldwide as the town of the famous Finnish
architect Alvar Aalto. He has designed a showcase of buildings in
Jyväskylä. The Alvar Aalto Museum, a special museum of architecture,
will also be visited. It is housed in a building designed by Aalto.
The museum functions as an Aalto information centre, and it offers a
permanent exhibition of Aalto's work on show in the museum. The new
permanent exhibition on Alvar Aalto was opened
at the beginning of 1998, the centenary of Aalto's birth.
Wednesday, 9 June
in the conference fee)
Conference dinner at Savutuvan Apaja
- The evening will be spent in the unique atmosphere of Savutuvan
Apaja (ca. 13 km away from the city centre), which is a reconstructed traditional Finnish
homestead on Lake Päijänne, typical Finnish dinner will be served, bus transportation.
- Savutuvan Apaja presents a large number of old reconstructed
buildings decorated with old furniture and utencils from ancient times.